From 12.01am Monday, 27 September outdoor pools across NSW will be able to open, provided councils have a stringent COVID safety plan approved by NSW Health. Natural pools are already permitted to be open.
This great news was part of the Media Release today from the NSW Government.
“The NSW Government is determined to ensure everyone can benefit from increasing vaccination rates. Outdoor pools are part of Australian life, and enjoying a Summer splash no matter where you live is a big plus for families.”
We will release more information as it becomes available.
From 12.01am Monday, 20 September, the following restrictions will ease for those who live in LGAs of concern:
- No limit on the duration of outdoor exercise and recreation (previously a two-hour limit);
- Outdoor gatherings of up to five fully vaccinated people (not including children aged 12 and under) will be allowed in a person’s LGA or within 5km of home (previously only fully vaccinated household members could gather outdoors, or up to two fully vaccinated people from different households);
- Shopping, exercise and outdoor recreation can be done 5km from home or within your LGA (previously only 5km from home);
- Attend a small wedding (maximum 11 people) in Greater Sydney as a guest (previously only allowed in their LGA); and
- A person’s single’s bubble buddy can live in Greater Sydney (previously must have resided within 5km of a person’s home). A person from a LGA of concern can also now be a buddy for someone in Greater Sydney.
Read the full media release - Restrictions to ease in LGAs of concern (nsw.gov.au)