The Aquatic and Recreation Institute (ARI NSW) is a not-for-profit professional association of Aquatic and Recreation practitioners, which includes Facility Managers, Industry Specialists, Community Recreation Providers and Recreation Organisations.
We provide support, direction, information and networking opportunities for all members who are involved in sport and leisure services throughout Australia.
What is the purpose of ARI NSW?
The ARI is committed to the following principals:
- To provide a professional body for the leisure industry, which fosters personal, professional growth and development through training programmes and networking.
- To develop and strengthen networks between individuals, suppliers and professional associations involved in the provision of leisure.
- To represent the leisure industry by making submissions on issues of recreational policy that affect the provision and development of leisure resources.
- Encourage efficient effective and socially equitable management of leisure resources.
- Assist in establishing guidelines for leisure opportunities for local communities.
- To provide support to leisure professionals in their delivery of quality leisure services.
- Representation on Industry Boards and Committees.
A new ARI Constitution was adopted on Sunday 16th June 2019 at the Annual General Meeting that was held at Peppers Craigieburn, Bowral. The full constitution can be viewed here: ARI Constitution
The ARI Board for 20120-21 was elected on Tuesday 11th August 2020 at the Annual General Meeting that was held at Sydney Olympic Aquatic Centre. AGM Minutes 2020.
Andrew Beamer - Industry Consultant.
Marco Blanco - Chief Executive Officer, Child Safeguard.
Stuart Crane - Owner / Manager, Crane Aquatics.
Nichole Edsall - Key Venues, Chief Operations Manager, Blacktown City Council (Chairperson).
Simone Egan - Industry Consultant.
Colin Kane - Operations Manager - Aquatic Centre, Sydney Olympic Park Authority.
Jared Wilson - General Manager – Program Delivery, AUSTSWIM.